2018 BSHNI Travel Bursaries
Applications are invited from any member of the British Society of Head and Neck Imaging for the 2018 BSHNI Travel Bursaries. There are two awards of £1000, one open to Consultants and one to Trainees. The bursaries are designed to enable attendance at expensive conferences and courses such as ESHNR, ERASMUS or the Leuven course for which local funding is unavailable, or to support a period of specialist Head and Neck radiology training or similar personal development needs. The recipient will be required to submit a report to the BSHNI and present it at the 2019 annual meeting.
1) Hold a substantive Specialist Trainee or Consultant post.
2) Be a member of the BSHNI.
3) Not be a serving member of the BSHNI committee.
4) If planning to attend an outside center for additional training then a letter of support from that center should ideally be included in the application.
5) Commit to making a short report of their experience at the 2018 annual meeting.
Applications should comprise of:
1) A short CV with emphasis on training, practice, research and publication in the field of Head and Neck imaging.
2) Details concerning involvement in previous BSHNI annual meetings and other activities.
3) A statement as to how you would benefit from the award of the bursary and how it is to be used. Funds will only be released for the purposes laid out in the application.
4) A declaration: “I declare that the information given on this form and its enclosures is complete and correct. If awarded to me, I will use the money for the stated purpose and abide by the conditions of the award. If I have any difficulty in using the funds as I had stated, I will inform the chair or the secretary of the BSHNI at the earliest opportunity”.
Please state clearly which bursary you are applying for.
Applications should be submitted to the secretary of the BSHNI at firstname.lastname@example.org
They should arrive no later than 31 May 2018
An assessment panel (consisting of members of BSHNI committee) will consider the applications and their subsequent decision is final.
The recipients of the 2018 BSHNI bursary will be announced at the ESHNR in September 2018.